Friday, April 10, 2009

Dear Ndugu

Every once in a while there is someone I feel is worth keeping my schedule open to see. So I don't really make plans. I just make vague outlines of my day so that I can keep a few hours open just in case they want to hang out with me. Well.... Apparently that isn't worth it because when you do this, they NEVER want to hang out. I think they can sense the pathetic longing to see them and this is obviously undesirable, so they avoid that scenario at all costs.

ANYWAYS, Friendly Fires from the U.K. is without a doubt the best live band I've seen in about a week or two. Usually bands from the U.S. are trying to rip off bands from the U.K. but it sounds to me like Friendly Fires have a Killers complex. Either way, they rip off our beloved Las Vegasites nicely and with great subtlety. 


White Lies, or Whitesnake if you are Whitney, wish so hard that they were Joy Division that Ian Curtis roles over in his suicidal grave every time the singer opens his mouth. Good luck fellas but we had to leave early. Nice light show by the way. But I work tomorrow at 1 o'clock at Walmart, so the joke's on me. Have a good tour wankers.



Goodnight

1 comment: